Friday, October 2, 2009

Spiced Whoopie Pies

I found this recipe a while ago and wanted to try it out for a housewarming gift for my mother in law. It's a super easy recipe that anyone can make.
All you will need is:
1 box cake mix (for these I just used a white cake mix)
1/2 cup of butter at room temp
2 eggs
I added some spices to my mix.... a little cinnamon, and a little allspice.

Frosting of your choice.

mix together. preheat oven 350* drop mixture by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Try to keep them all the same size. Bake 10-12 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes and then transfer to cooling rack.

Once cool you frost the bottom side of one cookie and then press them gently together. I chose to use buttercreme because I had it on had. Cream Cheese would be a great choice as well.
Then if you like you can decorate the sides with jimmies, sprinkles, or just leave plain.

And as always.... Enjoy!


















No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails