Monday, November 16, 2009

Cranberry & Walnut Pie

This "pie" is absolutely to die for yummy! If you're looking for a new "pie" for the holiday season, give this one a try. Now I say "pie" because it doesn't have a crust like your traditional pies do, which for me is a great thing because I don't like pie crust. Even though this recipe says it's a pie it ends up being more of a cake really. Either way it's really good and simple!
Here is what you will need:

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups cranberries
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350* Grease one 9 inch pie pan.
Combine the flour, sugar, and salt. Stir in the cranberries and the walnuts, and toss to coat. Stir in the butter, beaten eggs, and almond extract. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake at 350* for 45 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream.
And as always Enjoy!!!












2 comments:

  1. This looks right up my alley - I'll try it on the in-laws this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds pretty good! And I have a bag of cranberries in the fridge. Hmmm, maybe I'll make this tonight.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails