Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Very Hungry Caterpillar Birthday Cake

Since having my daughter it's been fun to play around with a few different ideas for birthday parties. This year for her 2nd birthday we chose The Very Hungry Caterpillar as the theme since it's her favorite book. I started planning her party right after she turned one, yeah I know I'm weird like that, and yes I already know what we will be doing for her 3rd birthday! At any rate, when we decided on The Very Hungry Caterpillar I decided I was going to make her cake the caterpillar from the book. It really was easier than I thought and it turned out adorable!
















We also served all the food that the caterpillar eats in the book and one of the things was "one cupcake". Rather than making a bunch of regular cupcakes I used my Wilton Giant Cupcake pan and made this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails