Saturday, July 18, 2009

Oatmeal Berry Bars

These are great for a quick breakfast treat or any time of the day. They're super easy to make and you can play around with the different flavors of jelly's you like until you find one that you like. Since I'm on a diet...which seems like an oxymoron really... I mean what kind of baker puts themselves on a diet? Anyway.... since I'm on a diet I decided to make this one with grape jelly because I don't like grape jelly and figured I'd stay away from them! Then I got to thinking about it and thought what kind of baker would I be if I didn't sample them first, just to make sure they're OK to give away. So I made a tiny section of them with raspberry jelly. :O) And did in fact enjoy it very much.

Here's what you need:
1 yellow cake mix
2 1/2 Cups of Oatmeal
3/4 Cup of Butter melted
1 Cup of jelly
1 T of water

In a large bowl, mix yellow cake mix, oatmeal and butter until moistened. Spray 13x9 pan and preheat oven to 375 degrees. Dump half the mixture into the pan. In a small bowl combine the jelly and the water and mix well. Pour that over the mixture and spread evenly. Then sprinkle remaining mixture on top. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
Enjoy!!











2 comments:

  1. I'm totally making these today! But not with grape jelly...gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I finally tried this recipe....Unbelievable, and SO darn easy! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails