Friday, August 7, 2009

Yummy Chocolate Chip Cookies

I love chocolate chip cookies. LOVE them! Especially with pecans. I found a great recipe where they turn out big and ooie gooey! So I figured I'd share it with you all. I didn't have any chocolate chips on hand, but did have a HUGE chocolate bunny from Easter so I chopped it up and used that instead. They turned out great using that.

1 stick butter, softened but not melted
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
2 tablespoons vanilla
3 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 12-ounce package semi-sweet chocolate chips (or a chopped up chocolate bunny! :O)
(you can add nuts to yours too if you'd like!)
Preheat oven to 375*

Mix thoroughly butter, shortening, sugars, eggs and vanilla with a wooden spoon. Stir in remaining ingredients.
The batter will be stiff, and it should be. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown.
Cool slightly before removing to a wire rack.

And ENJOY!

















1 comment:

  1. I have never thought about using chocolate bunnies for chocolate chips! I am going to have to remember this next Easter when all those chocolate bunnies go on clearance!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails