Friday, January 22, 2010

Chili's Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie

Do you know the Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie I'm talking about? The one in this photo. It's a combination of many sinful things... graham cracker crumb crust, chocolate chips, coconut, walnuts, lots of brown sugar, butter, topped with ice cream and of course chocolate fudge and Carmel too. OH and throw in a few more walnuts on top too. THIS dessert has always been my favorite dessert when I go to Chili's. Granted I don't go there often. In fact I think I've been twice in the last year? But both times I ordered this. Only this. With some coffee too of course. I don't eat it all myself. But it does get finished off.
Well I was going to attempt to make this dessert for a party this weekend. I did a quick google search for the recipe and what I found made me a little sad and a little nauseous.
Each of these a la mode desserts represented a whopping 1,590 calories. EACH ONE. Think about it - even if you order the dessert and 4 spoons to share with 3 other family members or friends at your table, we are still talking about 398 calories just for dessert! The entire dessert also contributes 37 grams of saturated fat - imagine that! That's the same amount of saturated fat in two Double Quarter Pounders with Cheese from McDonalds (there are 19 grams of saturated fat in each Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese).
Needless to say this is not going to be on the menu for the party this weekend! Nor at my table the next time we are at Chili's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails